Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello to all,
I keep my pool running all year. Pool was built in Sept 2018. Last spring my salt cell quit registering salt correctly. I cleaned it and still not right. I purchased a Hayward t-15 replacement cell from Pool Supply World in March 2020. Today, it is not registering correct salt per Taylor test kit and not generating.
I called Pool Supply World who said I have to go to Hayward. I called Hayward and after holding for 10 minutes, it kicks me off. The Hayward website says the nearest Hayward service center is 99 miles away.
Anyone else having issues with contacting Hayward or having Pool Supply World manage warranty?
How long should a salt cell last running most of the year?
Frustrated,
Jane

Take a look at the following article, run the diagnostics, and post them here. One of the Hayward experts will provide you some guidance.

Thanks- very helpful! I believe I was sold a replacement cell for warranty per the serial number. First character is 1 indicating 1 yr warranty instead of a 3 yr warranty cell. This is mentioned in the article.
This indicates to me that Pool Supply World is nefarious in their marketing. This was presented as a Hayward replacement cell - not specifically mentioned as warranty replacement.
Readers beware of this company!

So what you received was Hayward's 3000 hour cell (T-15-W) which usually lasts about 15 months at most. I think there was a thread talking about retailers who were selling this cell but advertising it as having a three year warranty. PSW is just a reseller of Hayward cells so they don't handle the warranty but if you go back to PSW with the original copy of their ad they should make it right to (but I doubt if they will). All they really care about is selling product, not taking care of customers. You are not going to be alone in this since I'm sure hundreds of consumers fell for their baloney.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.