Hayward Aqua Rite

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
My neighbor has a Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 that I try and help him with. It is displaying the salt level at 4500ppm on instant and average. The Taylor test kit shows 3600ppm. It is not flashing "high salt". All the other diagnostic readings are good. I usually see the display reading lower than the Taylor test when it is about to die, not higher. The cell is newish.
Is that common?

Thanks!
(I noticed it's really a Hayward Swim Pure...)
The cell is 2 weeks old.

The readings today are:
100p
AL-0 (when I scroll here it goes AL0, AL1, AL2, AL3, AL4, AL5)
r1.4

Taylor 3600ppm

Any other ideas? It's kinda of bugging us.

The Hayward cells are made with high quality. Cheaper cells are not made as exactly as the Hayward. Most likely, the cell is over-performing and causing the salinity to read higher than actual.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just go by the readout on the box.

Don't let the amps get to 8.0 because that's where the high salt warning trips.

Periodically, check the actual salinity against the readout to see if it's the same performance percentage.

If the cell begins to fail, you will see the performance percentage drop.

The performance of the cell can be calculated by dividing the instant salinity by the actual salinity. 4,400 ÷3,600 = 122%

As long as the readout ÷ the actual salinity is above 75%, the cell is fine.

The higher the amps, the higher the chlorine production.

The production percentage is based on the expected performance of a new cell.

The performance will increase with higher salinity or higher water temperature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What cell did u actally buy, very interested to know. I just bought a T-15 cell with a core exchange program from T – CELL – 15 – Salt Solutions Inc.. Getting ready to drop it in but need to do a drain down of about 5000 gallons because this customer has 4200 ppm(taylor 1766 kit) sky high. Looking for 3200ppm range.

It's a neighbor's. It looks pretty cheap. I don't see it on Amazon or ebay. When I see him again I'll ask.

I'm curious about your new one. I hate the OEM $550.00, they fail early also.
I sort of disagree with your statement. This customers cell is 9 years old as per serial number and pool was closed for two seasons which gave it a six to seven year life. At that point the cell owes him nothing. Cell longevity is usually dependent on proper sizing, proper install, very good chemical balance as per TFP recommendations and proper care. Not to say there isn't a bad apple in the bunch but the people that get good life out of the cell are the ones that don't let anything slide by. By the way "cheap is expensive".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.