Hayward Aqua Rite Repair question

Hi,

New to the forums and searched around a bit but couldn't find an answer so apologies if this has been covered before.

Recently had a "Brown out" with my electric supply and it blew the thermistor on the PCB, i have had this problem before so got a new one soldered back on place of the old one.
Problem i have now is that the power light is on but the "Check Salt" and "Inspect Cell" lights are on and i cannot get a salt reading on the display (PPM) or reset it by holding down the diagnostics button, i swapped a unit i had from another house to check the cell and everything worked just fine, wondering what to do next.

What are the diagnostic readings?

I suspect that something is miswired or a wire got left off.

Maybe the display board is not set correctly.

Do you have a picture of the boards and wiring?

Thermistor is two pieces, i could not get the same part here so used 2 to get the same rating, did this before and it lasted two years before i had another power spike, board now has power after i replaced with new ones (Didn't before) Would have to wire it back up to get diagnostic readings, you need better picture of board removed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like the display board is not set correctly. Try removing it and resetting it. Make sure that the pins line up in the right holes.

Check all wiring to make sure that every wire is connected correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.