Hayward 250FDN bd Code

drsaxman

Jun 21, 2022
Mooresville, NC
I've been struggling with the "bd" code on my Hayward. Followed all the trouble shooting steps located here and everything checked out fine. From the manual located here, page 48, it lists other potential causes. It starts up and tries to do something for about 10 seconds, and then just quits. Any thoughts on next steps? I'm getting closer to calling out a repair person.

Thanks!
Dan

Let's see if @swamprat69 has ideas.

Is the heater automatically trying to restart?

If so after 2 minutes or 60 minutes?

Noting exactly what the behavior is can narrow down which bD fault you are getting.

1662324600652.png

How old is the heater?

Any history or story with the heater?

How old is the heater?

Any history or story with the heater?
I just bought the house 2 years ago. It is my understanding that the pool was installed in 2006. The previous owner said that he only ran the heater once because he had a shocking gas bill. I didn't get it inspected when we purchased the home because the inspector discovered a gas leak and wouldn't touch it.

I just bought the house 2 years ago. It is my understanding that the pool was installed in 2006. The previous owner said that he only ran the heater once because he had a shocking gas bill. I didn't get it inspected when we purchased the home because the inspector discovered a gas leak and wouldn't touch it.
That is an unusual error and given that history I think you need to get a qualified heater technician to go through the heater. If you never worked on a gas heater we cannot help you through a forum.

The problems can be with the board or gas valve or both.

I think there is a chance your best path is to start fresh with a new heater under warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.