Having terrible anxiety about getting my pool redone!

mgdjmb

Feb 24, 2019
Los Angles, CA
Hi everyone! Bought my house a couple of years ago, and the person before me had painted the pool with house paint(!!) and used kitchen tile around the top! So I've been able to hold off for a couple of years but am now getting it redone, as we use it all summer. Heated solely by the sun because of the shape of the pool - I can't use a solar cover because it is shaped like a fat boomerang! Saw suggestions on this site for the pool being done with the Puerto Rican blend and two bags of glass ..... want my pool aqua blue rather than green, because I'll obsess over it looking like it has algae all the time! I picked much darker blue tile for above the water line, and the steps .....

Attachments

• IMG_5206.JPG
    IMG_5206.JPG
    901.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5207.JPG
    IMG_5207.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Hiya! Welcome to TFP

You are going to LOVE seeing that pool re-newed and in a gorgeous setting like you have it will sparkle! I too would avoid any colors that hint at green (tans, for example do that).

Have you rec'd your quote yet for the work? Do you know when the work will commence? Please take pics and share them with us. We are like dogs on fresh meat when it comes to pool pics, :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:

The work has started his plaster is gone. And u CAN use a solar cover. U cut it to the shape and size of ur pool. Any pool can use a solar cover. Get one bigger than ur pool all the way around and cut into the shape u need. I wouldnt be without mine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.