Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi All- I am having problems balancing my levels. This was tested using a Taylor Kit. It’s a 10k salt water pool.
I added acid and chlorine to pool based off pool math.
At a loss on salt levels growing since cell has been turned off for 5 days.
Any advise welcomed!! Thanks all.

B894748D-778A-4E2E-83BB-77AC276DB934.png

Two things to do right away:
1 - Add muriatic acid to lower the pH down to about 7.6
2 - Add liquid chlorine ASAP to increase the FC to about 7 ppm. It needs it after being that low.

Do not ad the chlorine and acid at the "exact same time & location". Separate by a few minutes is all with good water circulation.

Your CYA is low (min 70) which could be why your FC has fallen so much. But before increasing the CYA to 70, how does the water look? Is it still crystal clear, or do you see any cloudiness/dull water? You want to ensure there is no chance of algae before increasing the CYA. If in doubt, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test first. Once you know you are algae safe, increase the CYA to 70.

Your CYA is low (min 70) which could be why your FC has fallen so much. But before increasing the CYA to 70, how does the water look? Is it still crystal clear, or do you see any cloudiness/dull water? You want to ensure there is no chance of algae before increasing the CYA. If in doubt, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test first. Once you know you are algae safe, increase the CYA to 70.
The water is crystal clear. No issues. I added 92oz of acid to drip my TA as well and now am aerating right get back up. I also added 36oz of chlorine.

Nik
Hi and welcome. Can you please fill in your signature like you see mine below as it'll help us know more about your pool so we can help you without constant questions about your equipment. So what kind of SWCG do you have? Is it showing any lights that maybe it isn't working.

Welcome to TFP! We definitely need your signature completed so that we know what you have related to pool volume and equipment.

In your other post you said you set your SWG to 20% how long are you running your pump? SWG Percentage + pump run time = FC added to pool. Give us a hand helping you. Oh and hello neighbor...

Welcome to TFP! We definitely need your signature completed so that we know what you have related to pool volume and equipment.

In your other post you said you set your SWG to 20% how long are you running your pump? SWG Percentage + pump run time = FC added to pool. Give us a hand helping you. Oh and hello neighbor...
Hi! I am showing I have my signature filled out! Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• C88682C7-62F6-450D-B999-ED6B3D063E60.jpeg
    C88682C7-62F6-450D-B999-ED6B3D063E60.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have Pool Math. Go to hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) > Effects of adding > Chemical type is SWG + SWG Output is 1.47 lbs + SWG % + Pump Run time + pool volume (10150) = 4 ppm

I would add a 64 oz of 10% bleach which raises FC 4.9. Your SWG should then be able to keep the FC at that level. You also must consider your CYA level. You're here in Las Vegas, I keep my CYA at 70 with my SWG.

Reactions: NikAvila
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.