Having issues with Maytronics Active 30i

UPDATE: Been trying all day today to reach someone at Marina Pool and Spa to initiate the return and all day I've been getting a "Sorry, the mailbox is full, and there is not enough space to leave a message."

WTF 😡 This is unbelievable.

Can anyone check and see if they get the same message?

+1 (303) 985-0077

AT LAST Maytronics came through and has sent me a return label from FedEx and promised to send me a new unit as soon as FedEx takes possession of the defective one. I hope the new one has no issues.

Reactions: IceShadow
After this FedEx delivery stress debacle I'm right there with you - gonna be pretty miffed if the replacement is also defective. :)

I had a similar experience with Marina last year when my robot showed up not working quite right. Took many calls and emails before they finally got the new unit and return processed. I think they are just really busy this time of year. Was kind of a pain... but ultimately they took care of me, and the unit cost me half of what was quoted by the local pool supply places, and the replacement is still working great. So I'd do business with them again no question.

AT LAST Maytronics came through and has sent me a return label from FedEx and promised to send me a new unit as soon as FedEx takes possession of the defective one. I hope the new one has no issues.
Call Maytronics after you drop off the unit, and call the next day again. They promised me the same thing and it took 2 days AFTER they received my old robot in GA to send out the replacement. All I got was a sorry there was an issue in the warehouse on the delay.
Once you do get the replacement check it out. My new unit came with a dead power supply, I have a new robot but can't test it or use it while waiting for a new supply. 2 of 2 units that have failed, not to happy with the quality control.

Another update: Maytronics just emailed me saying they don't have Active 30i robots in stock. They offered me an Active 40 instead. They are waiting on my response.

I had a similar problem with a wifi controlled dolphin unit where it was constantly trying to do an update. At first I could restart it and it would function normally, but after a few weeks it would try and update as soon as I plugged it in. I was able to return it under a warranty claim and then I bought one without wifi or even Bluetooth to make sure a software issue wouldn't render it unusable.

Another update: Maytronics just emailed me saying they don't have Active 30i robots in stock. They offered me an Active 40 instead. They are waiting on my response.
They did the same for me (actually first they offered me a different model that was equal to the Active 30, which I said wouldn't be acceptable as it didn't have the same features, but I think that's because they noted Active 30 instead of Active 30i). The Active 40 has more features - it has a "come up to side of wall for retrieval" feature and has a full basket indicator, and otherwise was identical. So I took that as a small upgrade for my trouble.

Reactions: AviatorBimmer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A quick update:
So far, Maytronics support has been very responsive. Emailing back to me within 12-24 hours. Unfortunately the advice and troubleshooting instructions have not helped. They are now shipping me a new PSU with the firmware already updated.
However, the robot itself, still needs updating. They are hoping this will happen automagically when I connect the two together and let it run a cycle.

If that doesn't work I suspect I'm getting a replacement robot that is also updated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.