Have an old jet stream 5000 and could use help

Jul 26, 2017
Brantford
Hi there, having a problem with my older hotub with a jetstream 5000 spa pack.What's happening is it trips the high limit switch when the pump is not running. If the pump is running on low or high, it is ok. When the pump stops running, after a few seconds, it sounds like water boiling in the heater tube, then the high limit will pop. I installed a new high limit switch, no difference. Removed the spa pack and checked the heater element. It appeared to be touching the tube, so I adjusted it and reassembled, still the same. There is good flow from the pump, no airlock. I have noticed that even with the thermostat turned down to minimum, it will do it. If I flip the heater switch on the spa pac off, the hissing from the heater tube will stop. Strange that the heater is still working with the thermostat turned to minimum? This tub has a thermostat knob on the top of the tub, with a digital display of the temp. There is aso a light beside the knob, which indicates when the heater is supposedly working. With the thermostat turned to minimum, light is off, but the spa pack heater light is on, and the problem occurs. The only way to stop the hissing or boiling sound is to turn off the heater switch on the spa pack. Anyone have any ideas? I'm about to lose it and give up on this tub!!!! Any help is appreciated, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.