has anyone used this aqua Multidirectional Bungee Blowout Plug?

Yaeugd

Aug 15, 2017
Long Island, NY
I been thinking about getting some duck fitting for use next year. To help blowing out the lines and I discovered these also. Anyone use these or familiar with them.

Aqua Group BP15 Multidirectional Bungee Blowout Plug Amazon.com : Aqua Group BP15 Multidirectional Bungee Blowout Plug : Garden & Outdoor

I probably would switch out the duck fittings afterwards with a rubber one because I dont trust that the plastic cover won’t leak.
these are are supposed to be bidirectional so does that mean you can poor things into them like antifreeze if you remove the rubber stopper?

I just bought 4 of them for my pool, they look like they will work great but I have not installed them yet as my water is still upper 60's..

nope, it is a bungee cord that keeps the plastic plug sucked up to the plastic piece... the air is blown in from the pump side going toward the pool, once air is coming out in the pool move to the next plug... you could pour antifreeze in the pipe from the pump side if you wish...

There is actually a video somewhere of them working, I just cant find it now...

I’ve been considering those as well once the duck plugs wear out (duck plugs have been working fine since 2012).

I bought 4 for my pool but shipped 8. Thought I was lucky. Then closed and after using cyclone to blow lines, I kept getting bubble coming out from two by the steps. Couldn’t get it to stop, then chickened out and removed them and went back to original screw plugs. Not sure if I would use again.

Reactions: Captchaos
I bought 4 for my pool but shipped 8. Thought I was lucky. Then closed and after using cyclone to blow lines, I kept getting bubble coming out from two by the steps. Couldn’t get it to stop, then chickened out and removed them and went back to original screw plugs. Not sure if I would use again.
That's ok, they were working. Just pressure still in the piping getting out through the weakest. If they were leaking you would not see bubbles. As soon as the pressure equalized the bubbles would have stopped and the lines would be still full of pressured air at or just below the strength of the rubber bungee. Of course the old time screw in plugs with a few wraps of teflon tape is full proof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.