Hard to believe these openning results

SouthwestOhio

Silver Supporter
Jul 23, 2018
Milford, OH
Opened pool up on Tuesday-had some help, first time. The water was beautiful-the pool guys were impressed. Ran the robot all week cleaning a bit of sand off the bottom. They dumped a gallon of thier shock before i could say anything. Been running the pump at 2350 . Finnaly did a water test today. Water temp 58°.

FC 8 with FAS-DPD test , can this be right? ran it twice. 3 hours apart with different samples.
CH 250 (vinyl pool no issue)
TA 70 (vinyl pool no issue)
CYA 40 (need to add 5 Lbs)
Salt 3000 (need to add add 95 Lbs)
Ph 7.8 (keep monitioring, a bit high)
Looking for some input on the high FC............

Attachments

• 20200421_123641_resized_1 (002).jpg
    20200421_123641_resized_1 (002).jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 32
Did you close the pool, or the pool guys ? If they did it then it’s a pleasant suprise. If you did it and followed TFP closing/opening guidelines it’s a yearly occurrence for most people.

Either way, yay for this year.

Reactions: Lynnster52
So is there any reason to do the OCLT
Yes. You want proof to back up what your eyes are telling you. There could be something lurking and about to grow that isn’t visible yet. Chances are you pass. If not it’s an easier fix If you nip it in the bud.

Reactions: Lynnster52
From my read on pool spring start ups (this is my first) I was expecting a challenge in getting things back in balance.
Yeah you would be correct in that assumption in most cases. You apparently closed the pool in good condition last year and, with the shock (chlorine) the other guys slipped in there, you have a clear pool and FC left over from their addition.

Performing the OCLT is a personal choice BUT ONLY IN THIS CASE. It never hurts and reassures you that you are off to a good start AND gives you practice doing the precision testing that TFP teaches. I would do it and then you are off to a flying start.

Reactions: K-Row

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.