Hand rail or no hand rail

cdnsubmariner

Jun 14, 2010
Hello,

we are currently building an in ground 18 x 36 ft roman pool with steel walls and vinyl liner. Our question is do we need a hand rail on the 11 ft roman stairs. I never see any in any pictures, but our pool kit supplier says we should have them.

Opinions please.

Thank you

Attachments

piggyfarmers

Apr 6, 2010
hurricane deep south
though they may detract visually overall from the long view, handrails are also inviting - there is a feeling of safety and women want to feel graceful descending. for kids it is an active zone - the rail is part of games, a built in mechanism to practice floating, and a visual cue of safe depth.

Durk

Jun 14, 2007
New Jersey
I'm always different. I have no rails or ladders on my pool (swim-out in deep end), and I like it that way. No old ladies around here, though. Kids have plenty to do in a pool; they won't complain--and it's one less thing for them to bang their heads on.

Lana537

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2009
The Triangle, NC
Removable

Hi

I would think that most handrails are removable--hopefully yours can be too, giving you the option of having it in place or not.

You don't say where you are located. Do you live in a part of the country where you would close your pool for the winter? Will you be putting a cover on your pool? Most handrails can come out so that the cover can go on. (There are probably exceptions to this.)

Lana

Floater

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
Southwest OH
piggyfarmers said:
though they may detract visually overall from the long view, handrails are also inviting - there is a feeling of safety and women want to feel graceful descending.

Graceful? What the heck is that... I Cannonball woo hoo~~ :whoot:

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
G Everything Else 1
Nate4429 Under Construction 9
N Everything Else 4

Other Threads of Interest