Hallelujah -- algae free pool all summer!

poolnovice1

May 11, 2018
Houston
I stumbled upon this forum about a year ago when I was constantly battling pool algae. I hated owning a pool to the point that I even considered moving to a new house.

Thanks to this forum, I learned how to test correctly, and most importantly to stop adding chlorine tabs.

This summer, I have had no algae, even after this massive rainstorm we just had. My maintenance has been basically adding 1/2 jug of liquid chlorine per day and muriatic acid as needed, and brushing pool 1x to 2x a week. I love having a pool now and enjoying it instead of spending all my time scrubbing algae.

Just wanted to share my success story. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
I stumbled upon this forum about a year ago when I was constantly battling pool algae. I hated owning a pool to the point that I even considered moving to a new house.

Thanks to this forum, I learned how to test correctly, and most importantly to stop adding chlorine tabs.

This summer, I have had no algae, even after this massive rainstorm we just had. My maintenance has been basically adding 1/2 jug of liquid chlorine per day and muriatic acid as needed, and brushing pool 1x to 2x a week. I love having a pool now and enjoying it instead of spending all my time scrubbing algae.

Just wanted to share my success story. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.
Add a robot and SWG, and your maintenance will turn (for the most part) into daily admiration of the sparkle, and testing every few days. 😁

Reactions: Mdragger88

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
We love success stories! TFP is all about empowering pool owners like yourself with knowledge so they can take control of their pools😊 Don’t forget to pay it forward by spreading the word & supporting the forum if u are able. So Glad u found us & are enjoying your oasis!