coachhim

Mar 30, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Discovered a 2-3 foot long hairline crack in the pool plaster? Any suggestions on repairing? I'm not losing water from what i can tell.
f411dd5ef5423f86a57d628575ac6e9d.jpg

pooldv

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
We've had a few cracks in our plaster over the years. One in 2013 leaked water. Our PB fixed all of them with 2 part putty. He mixed white and black together to sorta match the plaster color and stuffed it into the crack with his fingers. He cleaned out the cracks a bit with a flathead screwdriver first. All of the repairs have held up fine. No leaks since 2013.

pooldv

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
No, that work was done with the pool full. The putty cures underwater. Actually, thanks to TFPC my pool has never been drained since day one in 2012.

pooldv

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
No worries, lol. It's a 2 part epoxy that I think is just called pool putty, it comes in black and white. I think that Inyo Pools sells it.

wikihowto

In The Industry
Sep 25, 2017
San Diego California
Oh yeah. Definite candidate for a structural crack repair. We would use a torque lock staple kit to fix the issue then try to color match the plaster as best as possible.

Expensive, but easy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.