Hair nets on skimmer basket

So I ordered some of these and when I put them on, I started getting air bubbles in my returns. I removed the hairnet off just one of the skimmers and it stopped. I'm guessing that means I have a very small leak on the suction side and the hair nets are causing the pump to suck harder and exposing the leak? Any other thoughts or anybody else have this problem?

I'd suspect a small leak somewhere, but finding it will be a pain. Do you have valves on your suction side for the main drain and skimmer? You could try increasing the flow from the main drain or else decreasing from the skimmer side. Either way, the pump won't be pulling as much from the skimmer side.

So I ordered some of these and when I put them on, I started getting air bubbles in my returns. I removed the hairnet off just one of the skimmers and it stopped. I'm guessing that means I have a very small leak on the suction side and the hair nets are causing the pump to suck harder and exposing the leak? Any other thoughts or anybody else have this problem?
I think you've identified the problem. First make sure the water level is high enough that it isn't sucking air in a vortex in the other skimmer.

If the water level is good, check the easy stuff first: pump basket lid gasket and pump drain plug. Then work your way down the line either dribbling water from a garden hose over them until the bubbles stop or by coating them one at a time with shaving cream until you see the foam get sucked in and/or you see milky water in the basket or suds in the return stream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.