Had a pool remodel along with our inground spa. Whats this part called?

reelredfish

May 19, 2021
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Spa only ever had 4 jets or returns in it and we had them rebuild the wall between the pool and spa and add in two more for a total of 6.

When you remove the return wall fittings you have these long cone shaped items that screw in. 4 of them are the old ones with small holes and the two new ones have larger holes. I do not know what these parts are called and looking for some help so that I can replace them. I can see that the new one has a larger thread size than the old ones so will not be able to use the same one in all 6 of them.

Attachments

• spa.jpg
    spa.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 15
Those are your physical jets. They are like a nozzle. There ID is smaller than the plumbing. The top of each is designed to have a socket wrench over it for ease of removal and installation. It is unfortunate you have 2 different sizes. You may be able to purchase smaller diameter jets if you want more pressure but it also causes more back pressure to your system. You should try to have all jets the same ID to obtain better uniform flow from each jet.

Those are your physical jets. They are like a nozzle. There ID is smaller than the plumbing. The top of each is designed to have a socket wrench over it for ease of removal and installation. It is unfortunate you have 2 different sizes. You may be able to purchase smaller diameter jets if you want more pressure but it also causes more back pressure to your system. You should try to have all jets the same ID to obtain better uniform flow from each jet.
I agree and have been searching for past hour to find ones that will fit into the old ones with the same ID output hole as the new ones. However best I can tell is these are old pentair ones which have a 1/2" NPT threads and the new ones look to be Waterway brand since they have a part number stamped on them which does not have the same threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.