gunite

Pprior

Gold Supporter
Feb 14, 2018
Englewood, FL
That pool needs to be replastered.

If you paint it then you are hoping you get an uneducated buyer who does not do a pool inspection and will not be happy discovering what they really bought.
And if you know of a defect and don't disclose it, you may face legal action. Do the right thing, don't just band-aid it and dump it. Fix it right or disclose the issue.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville
[/QUOTE]
I have requested from the building permit office at the court house, all documents they have on file associated with the pool, such as building permits, design, etc. They said it would take 3 days to get it.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville
Put the house on the market with a kickback towards a new plaster job. Then the new buyers can pick out their own plaster finish/color.

Maddie :flower:
Where are you located? Shouldnt be hard to find an emgineer who stamps pool any PB who needs a permit go build one has an engineer stamp the drawings
I have requested from the building permit office at the court house, all documents they have on file associated with the pool, such as building permits, design, etc. They said it would take 3 days to get it.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville
Where are you located? Shouldnt be hard to find an emgineer who stamps pool any PB who needs a permit go build one has an engineer stamp the drawings
I have requested all documents they have on file from the office where you get a building permit. Hopefully they also have a design plan, and as you say, an engineer stamp on it. Hopefully I will have it in a day or two.

I have called twice, and emailed twice and sent pictures, to the structural engineer on Angie's llist. He has never contacted me back. So, that is going to be a dead end.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville
Got the pool documents today, and they didn't tell me much. The pool contractor and the owner were the same person. I have attached the only diagram. The pool was built in 1983. Other then the diagram that I sent you, the documents only containes building inspection reports.

In with the pool documents, was a building permit for the house. Apparently the ower was the contractor for the house in 1982, and then the contractor for the pool in 1983.

Since the contractor, for both pool and the house, was the owner, I feel both must have been well built. I feel the problems I am having with the pool is due more to age than anything else, after all the pool is 37 years old. So, I just need to figure out the best way to repair it.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville
Got the pool documents today, and they didn't tell me much. The pool contractor and the owner were the same person. I have attached the only diagram. The pool was built in 1983. Other then the diagram that I sent you, the documents only containes building inspection reports.

In with the pool documents, was a building permit for the house. Apparently the ower was the contractor for the house in 1982, and then the contractor for the pool in 1983.

Since the contractor, for both pool and the house, was the owner, I feel both must have been well built. I feel the problems I am having with the pool is due more to age than anything else, after all the pool is 37 years old. So, I just need to figure out the best way to repair it.

TonyTonyTony

May 1, 2020
Huntsville

Since I now know that the pool is 37 years old, would you think the problems are due more to age of the pool than anything else?