Jun 18, 2020
Phoenixville PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

My landscaper is going to do the ground prep for our pool- intex-32ft-x-16ft-x-52in-ultra-xtr-rectangular-pool. He is prepping the groud, leveling with roller, putting a 2' sand base down, rolling that out and then we are putting down a gorilla ground pad. My question is, when I look up the amount of sand needed for that area, even with a 2' base, the calculators are saying we would only need approx 5.2 yards yet he quoted that he would need 9 yards? Thoughts? THANKS ALL

Kate

Not sure why the disparity. I used the link below and for 2 inches got a little over 3 yards. If I used 4 inches (to account for some compaction) I got a little over 6.3 yards.

I'm having someone else come out and give me an estimate as his was extremely high for my ground which is already pretty much level. Thanks for the help and quick response :) I'll let you know after my other guy comes out tomorrow :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.