Grotto Demolition Advice?

HeavenUnaware

Aug 28, 2019
Moreno Valley, CA
Hi - we are purchasing a home that has a large hideous rock slide/waterfall/grotto feature that we would like to remove. I am having the hardest time locating anyone who does this type of project. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’m located in Southern California.

Thanks!

Attachments

HeavenUnaware

Aug 28, 2019
Moreno Valley, CA
Anyone with a jackhammer could do it... what's the issue?

Is there a plan once it's gone?
The problem is that I’m not a professional and I’m sure it’s more than just taking a jackhammer to it - wouldn’t there be rebar etc too - possibly into the cement? In a perfect world someone would be able to remove it for me and then have a jacuzzi and other small water features added to that side of the pool.

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
The problem is that I’m not a professional and I’m sure it’s more than just taking a jackhammer to it - wouldn’t there be rebar etc too - possibly into the cement? In a perfect world someone would be able to remove it for me and then have a jacuzzi and other small water features added to that side of the pool.
Ah, if that's the case then start talking to pool builders/ remodelers. Demo shouldn't be a big deal, just a lot of work and adding a spa can be pretty straightforward.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
That is a major backyard demo and rebuild. New clean construction is easier and more profitable for a builder. You have to find the right guy who likes challenges and be willing to write the checks.