Tampa Bay
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Resilience / Aquacomfort A5
So I probably should have started with this thread, but I needed some help getting my pump working first. Of course the community came through for me in a big way. Hopefully I can pay back their help over time.

We're the second owners of our home so I don't have many details on the pool installation back in 2005. What I could find out was from some paperwork from the original owner and online research. Doesn't help that this is the first pool we've ever owned. I tried to put as many details as I could figure out in the signature. The pool volume is just from back of the napkin math and a tape measure.

With that introduction, you would think we recently bought the house but that happened about 10 years ago. Since this was my first pool, I didn't even know how the timer worked, let alone how to adjust valves, etc. So for the first several years we just hired a pool service so that the kids could use the pool. Now that the kids are older and the pool gets used less, I've tried to take on more of the work myself with limited DIY skills to keep costs down.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

An official welcome to TFP!! We all get here in our own time and manner. One way you can return the favor is to Become a TFP Supporter. You’ll also get some perks to help you with your pool DIY activities.

Being able to take care of your own pool is very liberating, especially when you’ve moved on from a pool service company.