Greetings from Kentucky!

kypoolrkie

In The Industry
Jul 5, 2020
Murray, Kentucky
Hello!

I am a new member here so I wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself and say hello to all the fellow pool service professionals and pool owners in the group! I am 30yrs old, I was born in and have lived my entire life in Western, Kentucky- the Murray, Kentucky area to be more specific- and have been a pool service professional for 10 years now. I co-own a service company that is based out a neighboring town to my south, I also wanted to go ahead and help to try clear up any confusion/mis-understanding that may stem from my UN, yes I did say I have been in the service industry for 10 years, and yes my UN does abbreviate the word "Rookie" at the end. This was a UN I chose because of something that I was taught very early on in this industry; or just about life in general if I am to be honest, and that is one simple fact. "You never truly stop learning, we learn new things every single day. The day that you officially will stop learning, is the day you're being lowered six foot into the ground." So even with 10 years experience in the industry, to me, I am still a rookie.... and I always will be. Hope that clears up any potential confusion or mis-understanding for the future. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
TFP teaches a method of pool care that doesn't always blend well with what commercial pool service people use. You will also read things in here that are contrary to what you have learned.

So, we look forward to having you but we don't always conform with the things you may have learned.

We do not exist to debate the methods, but rather to teach them. Rock solid science and precise testing is the backbone.

Reactions: kypoolrkie
TFP teaches a method of pool care that doesn't always blend well with what commercial pool service people use. You will also read things in here that are contrary to what you have learned.

So, we look forward to having you but we don't always conform with the things you may have learned.

We do not exist to debate the methods, but rather to teach them. Rock solid science and precise testing is the backbone.

Duraleigh, I could not have said it better myself nor agree with you more. In my introduction I had mentioned that I only have 10yrs of experience when it comes to installing/servicing in-ground or above-ground pools- mostly residential, I actually don't do very much commercial work at all- but in the grand scheme of things, I am still very much as green as the day I first started. I LOVE to share my knowledge that I have with others, but I also LOVE to gain new knowledge, tips & tricks from others in the industry (and yes, even those who are not PSP's but simply pool owners) or just simply someone else's opinion on whatever the issue we are discussing may be.

Thank you for the kind reception, I look forward to getting to know everyone here while learning new things from the members and asking questions on an issue I am having or maybe just something I am curious to learn about; but wouldn't otherwise have the platform to ask about otherwise. I am definitely glad that I ran across this website that gives me that forum to do just so, and so far I am very pleased with the kindness of those like yourself in the group. Take care, and I look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Hello and Welcome to TFP!
There always seems to be plenty to learn here for the rookies and non alike.
Do you own a pool of your own?

Teald024,

Thank you! I am just very happy to have found this website where I can ask questions and even though I do have 10 years experience installing and servicing residential pools- albeit above-ground or in-ground pools; however I don't get very much commercial work to tackle- there are still things that I do not know or maybe I do not understand how they work, or what formula to use for calculating the proper chemical adjustment after a Breakpoint Chlorination (just for example) and I already feel as though I will not be judge or be though of any less because I'm a PSP and should "know these things already." I look forward to sharing what knowledge I have to teach those that are in need of assistance, but also getting to learn more about my trade and certain aspects that I have not heard of or can't figure out on my own.

As for your question, I actually do have a pool of my own. I have an in-ground that is gunite and measures 18 x 36 with an average depth of 6' (4' in shallow end & 8' in deep) containing approximately 30,000gal; running a 1.5hp Hayward Super II Pump; Hayward ProSeries S270T 27" sand filter with a 2" Vari-Flow XL top-mount MPV; and a Hayward 40k Aquarite900 salt system.

Take care!