Greenish Crystals in Pool

DMD

Mar 8, 2010
Fresno, CA
I have a SWG and recently noticed some greensih salt crystals forming in one corner of the pool with some silt. Any idea what could be causing this? My Salt reading is also lower that it has been over the past months.

DMD

Mar 8, 2010
Fresno, CA
I have and they came back. They are also in the pool skimmer net. It looks sort of like pool salt, but I can't imagine that the salt would be reforming.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Have you considered having a pool store run a test for the presence of metals in the water? I would specifically be interested to know if there is copper in there and if so, in what quantities.

Can you post a set of test results as well?

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
Have you added any copper based algaecides or anything that contains copper?

A full set of test results would be helpful.

DMD

Mar 8, 2010
Fresno, CA
Melt In The Sun said:
Can you post a picture of them?
Here are some pictures. It sort of looks like undissolved salt, but I can't imagine why that would be the case. I'm going to have Leslies run a test this weekend.

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
not sure what this is. Wind blown debris ending up in your pool? Sand from Paver stone deck? Did you use Bacquacil/bagunide based chemicals previously? Is it clumped together bacause it's wet or is it slimy?

DMD

Mar 8, 2010
Fresno, CA
Poolsean said:
not sure what this is. Wind blown debris ending up in your pool? Sand from Paver stone deck? Did you use Bacquacil/bagunide based chemicals previously?
No.

Poolsean said:
Is it clumped together bacause it's wet or is it slimy?
It's clumped together because it's wet. It's not slimy. I've also found this stuff in the skimmer net.