Green swamp....CC question

Jun 14, 2018
Richland, WA
Like most here, I opened late to a green swamp. Worse than I have ever seen in the 6 years we've had the pool. I'll spare you the pictures.

Brought PH down to within levels. I have my pool and test results linked to my profile, so you should be able to see what I've done. I threw 3 pucks in because I have 0 CYA, if I'm remembering right it raises that a tiny bit.

Added 4 gals 10% bleach, water turned much lighter, milky green within 30 minutes. Lighter even more during my 1 hour test.

I'm not seeing any change in between the FC and CC numbers. Should I? I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I don't. I did run the net around the bottom of the pool and have very few leaves or debris.

I also should add that I close my power cover between chem additions and tests. So it isn't left open for the sun to eat my chemicals. I'd like to know if this helps or hurts.

Oh also you should know that I'm a second guesser when it comes to color changes in the test tube. I spend way too much time trying to dissect if there was a change, how much, etc.

Thank you in advance to all the experts! :)

Last edited:
So I reviewed your Poolmath logs and I see that your FC is holding so that's good. Don't get too worried about CC right now or the fact you're not seeing number changes. All in good time. I would however add stabilizer for a minimum CYA of 30. Use the sock-soaking method as the tabs will take too long. Your FC needs that protection from the sun now, not to mention the liner too. Continue to maintain the FC of "12" once the stabilizer is added, and do all the other items noted on the SLAM Process page. You'll get there. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.