Green Pool

Pastormark

Apr 28, 2021
Florida
I am trying to get my pool open, I did not shut it down correctly for winter. I could not get the levels correct, I got frustrated and just shut it down. I drained as much of the water as I could to start over. Cleaned out the bottom and them refilled. I started a slam 4 days ago keeping my chlorine at 20ppm. But I cannot get the green to go away.

Cya 50
Ph 7.2
TA 150 I know it's high just put a gallon of muriatic acid in yesterday, dropped it from 200
CH 90

Above ground 24' round 52" tall. Sand filter.

Thank you,
Mark

Welcome!
We can certainly help you get this cleared up.
How often are you brushing and vacuuming? Did you take out the later and scrub it down? How often are you testing and adding LC? What chemicals did you add last year when you were struggling with your numbers? Any flocs or algaecides?

Sand filters are notoriously slow at clearing so it will take some time.

Welcome!
We can certainly help you get this cleared up.
How often are you brushing and vacuuming? Did you take out the later and scrub it down? How often are you testing and adding LC? What chemicals did you add last year when you were struggling with your numbers? Any flocs or algaecides?

Sand filters are notoriously slow at clearing so it will take some time.
I'm brushing daily and vacuuming every 2 or 3 days. I'm testing at least twice a day and adding chlorine. Last year I tried clarifier and such and it worked temporarily.

The ladder was removed last year and I haven't put it back in yet. From my understanding is this may take a couple of weeks.

Reactions: V___25
Yes, it will take some time. You have to patient with it and trust the process as they say. It will work. The more frequently you can test and add LC to keep up as close to SLAM level, the better, but life gets in the way so as often as you can is great.

If you can, drop us a picture of that beast

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.