Green pool

Can you get any clear shots minimizing the reflections ? Walk around the pool to get the right angle and the time of day can make a difference too with the sun angle.

Thanks so much, folks. The help was priceless

Made it through to the end of the season next week.

Based on what I learned here, I have the TF kit now and will monitor using that

Looks like the unanimous outlook is that sand in a sand filter does not need replacement.

I also learned when the pool turns cloudy from green, the cloudiness reduction movimg forward is a function of the filter doing its job over however long it takes to get the water clear

Question - what would be signs that a sand filter is performing at peak levels or is struggling keeping a pool clean?

Question - what would be signs that a sand filter is performing at peak levels or is struggling keeping a pool clean?
If you maintain your chemistry properly, the results will speak for themselves. Crystal clear water. Your sand should perform in what would almost appears to be effortless fashion with the occasional backwash. Two things might cause concern in your sand filter over time though. The sand might become channeled in such a way that water feeds through the path of less resistance and just creates its own voids in the vessel. That's when a deep clean might come in handy. The other situation is if there is a mechanical failure such as a broken lateral, hub assembly, center pipe, etc. Then you would see sand spewing out of the return jets. Other than that, the sand should perform well.

Reactions: mumgoa
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.