Green Pool

Jwagner3

May 23, 2020
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hi I’m new to this site. I just got my tf-100 kit after reading a lot of info on here. We accidentally drained half our pool by leaving it on waste and not realizing it still drains out without the pump being on 🤦🏼‍♀️. But when we filled it back up it was clear, which it had been cloudy and we hadn’t been able to get it to clear. So I decided I wanted to start trying this method instead of taking the samples to the pool store and risking our pool becoming cloudy again. The pool was a little green since we hadn’t done anything to it while waiting for the kit, maybe we should’ve. So we tested the water and added the amount of bleach(first time using bleach we usually buy liquid chlorine from the pool store) added the bleach and now it’s super green. We also added Clorox chlorine stabilizer we got from Walmart because our cya coming out low, the dot never disappeared on the test so I assume that meant it was at a 0? Usually when we put the liquid chlorine in if the pools a little green it’ll go back to blue. Our chlorine is still low and our ta is high. If we add more bleach to get the numbers where it should and fix the TA should that fix the green in our pool or could it be something else causing it?
Our numbers as of today:
fc-1.5
Cc- .5
ch-300
TA-150
Ph-7.2
Thanks!

A little cloudy, could see almost to the bottom. It’s cloudy now I can see a little ways down but that’s it. I’m not sure about the iron. When I tested the cya yesterday I assumed it was a 0 cause the dot never disappeared when I was adding the drops to it. I didn’t know if it was too soon to test the cya again cause it says leave pump running 24 hours after adding it, so I didn’t know if that meant to wait til then to test again too or what.

CYA takes at least a day to dissolve and disperse.

Ooof, please excuse my terrible manners....... welcome JW !!

I asked about iron because you said you added chlorine, and the pool turned green.

If the water is cloudy, then you should follow the SLAM Process.

Do you have orange/brown staining on water fixtures, etc? Does your home have a water softener?

Also, TA doesn’t really have much to do with cloudiness. Don’t stress about TA. You have to know what it is because you need at least 50ppm and to know how much acid to add when you lower pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.