Green pool

btate

Jul 13, 2016
Iowa Park
I apologize if this is too elementary a question, but I have been reading posts all morning, and am still confused.

We have an 1800 gal AG Intex pool w/ the Intex Salt Water unit, and cartridge filter. While waiting for a replacement part on the Salt Water unit, the water turned green, and since getting the replacement part and boosting, the pool is still green.

Using the test strips that came w/ the unit:
FC: 1
pH: 6.2
TA: 40
CH: 0

hth Salt test strips: 2830 ppm

Thank you for your time, and any assistance you can give,
Beth
Iowa Park, TX

Hi Beth and welcome to TFP! :wave: I have a couple questions just to be sure of some things:
- Is your pool gallon size actually 1,800 gallons?
- If it is only 1,800 gallons, have you visited the TFP Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools page? It outlines brief instructions for small pools that should make things much easier for you.

We'll look for your reply and try to give you some more direction to get your pool clear again. Nice to have you with us.

Ok. First of all, welcome!!

Second of all you really need to get a proper test kit. I highly recommend this one: TFTestkits.net as will most others on this site.

1800 gallons is a small pool, which right now is to your advantage. There is a SLAM process that you need to follow, and it can be time-consuming. If your pool is actually 1800 gallons I would just drain and refill it. Are you on town water or well water?

GC

Thank you so much for your time....yes, it is actually 1,800 gallons....it's a little thing. We do have the option of draining the pool, but we would just rather not, as our area has recently dealt w/ severe drought. Our lakes did fill, but we are still so water conscious that we just hate to do it. That being said, we will drain it if that's the best option; we just prefer to conserve:). It's hard to waste so much, when our whole family and farm is accustomed to making it on 3,500 gal/mo. I will look into getting the recommended test kit so I can get all the appropriate levels. We are on co-op water.

Thanks again,
Beth

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.