Green pool walls... help!

toidi

Oct 9, 2022
St Thomas USVI
My pool had been dormant for several months while I had some construction happening around the pool. My intention was when the work was over to drain the pool, clean it then refill. During this time it was a solid green with an insane amount of tadpoles living in there... After draining and doing an initial power wash, the diamond brite was still green so I pored on (direct) outdoor bleach straight from the bottle (didn't cut it) along all the walls until they were all covered with bleach. I waited about 30-45 min then power washed again and while better, it's still green in most places. I'm not sure what else to do, so I'm here for suggestions.

Attachments

• 2022-10-09_13-50-45_597.gif
    2022-10-09_13-50-45_597.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • 2022-10-09_13-50-52_709.gif
    2022-10-09_13-50-52_709.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I suspect the organic staining really set into the surface after all those months. Depending on the surface condition it could really be rooted in there. It may take weeks of balancing the water and maintaining an elevated FC level for it to slowly penetrate. See our FC/CYA Levels for more details. If your water is hard and there is a chance you have scale on the walls, the staining could be slightly protected by that scale as well. Something to consider.

Don't forget to update your signature and bookmark our Pool Care Basics page for lots of great info. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Update - I filled the pool and wow it looked horrible. Green... soo green. I dumped in 3 bags of shock (half a bag is all my small pool needs) and left the pump running over night. The next morning the shock did what the power washing and bleach couldn't. It's back to being blue! Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.