Green Hair

jeffhask

Jun 6, 2008
Can high chlorine levels turn blonde hair green, or is it the metals in the water?
What's a good sequestering agent for metals?

jeffhask

Jun 6, 2008
Never used any algicide. I keep FC at 3ppm. Never had any algie or any other problems.

FC 3
TA 150
CH 350
PH 7.5
Salt 2800
CYA 50

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
You can take a sample to the pool store and have them test for metals, but I don't know how accurate they are. Several threads on here recommended various sequesterants, can't recall of the top of my no longer green head...LOL

Try a search for "Sequesterant" and read some of the threads, I'm sure you'll come across a recommended brand.

G

copper turns hair green, period! IF you need to remove the green color start a thread and I will answer. I am a liscensed cosmetologist and used to be a colorist and have a lot of experience removing the green with citric acid and sodium thiosulfate (which happen to be the active ingredients in the Nexus Aloe Rid treatment and shampool!)

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
Yes, I should add that Waterbear is the person who gave me the solution to the green hair thread that I posted 15 months ago, and saved my kids and my dog from looking like we were going to a St. Patricks day parade.... :mrgreen: