Silver Supporter
Jun 29, 2020
Indianapolis
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had just gotten the water crystal clear from a green state before vacation. We were gone for 12 days so I put on the solar blanket, we do not have a full cover. When we got home there was a fair amount of tree stuff and pine needles that slip along the side. It was cloudy again and now green, not as bad as before so I am slamming again (getting used to this). I am going to clean the solar blanket this weekend too before thinking about putting it back on, maybe it has something on it causing the algae. My question is with the new Epoxy paint, done in July, can the high FC levels affect the paint/plaster? How much affect does Ph have on the paint/plaster too?

My question is with the new Epoxy paint, done in July, can the high FC levels affect the paint/plaster?

FC levels up to SLAM level are safe to use for paint or plaster.

How much affect does Ph have on the paint/plaster too?

Should have no effect if pH kept in the 7's.

Why are you asking?

FC levels up to SLAM level are safe to use for paint or plaster.

Should have no effect if pH kept in the 7's.

Why are you asking?
Just wondering what the things are that might negatively affect my new paint job. Have had a tough summer with algae and now using TFP instead of Leslie's so getting my chemical knowledge up to speed. Just learning and saving $$!

• Love
Reactions: TexEdmond
The biggest thing that will affect your new paint job is the formulation of current pool paints does not last like it used to due to EPA regulations.

• Sad
Reactions: Tracy Bev
Sorry you’re having another go at it, but glad you have the skills to fix it. If you need any help, you know darn well we got you. :)

Reactions: Tracy Bev
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.