GPM on Intelliflow

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
If you set the GPM on the Intelliflow to a specific GPM does the IF adjust RPM automatically to keep the GPM constant? Just curious. With my Chiller I notice the GPM when the Chiller is off and when the Chiller is on are different. Also sometimes for my Chiller a consistent set RPM doesn’t equate to a consistent GPM when the Chiller is on. (Ie sometimes 1950 rpm yields 26 GPM and sometimes it yields 20-22). I like 24 GPM when my Chilker is on as it works well there. I’d like to set the GPM as 24 GPM and leave it there.

If you set the GPM on the Intelliflow to a specific GPM does the IF adjust RPM automatically to keep the GPM constant?
It depends on the Intelliflo model #. Some have VF capability and others do not.

That is a VS only pump which means you can only set RPM. GPM is displayed but that is not a setting. If the plumbing changes, RPM will remain fixed and flow rate will change. With automation, you should be able to choose a different RPM if the chiller is being controlled by the automation. If not, then you will have to set the flow rate for when the chiller is on.

Reactions: guinness
That is a VS only pump which means you can only set RPM. GPM is displayed but that is not a setting. If the plumbing changes, RPM will remain fixed and flow rate will change. With automation, you should be able to choose a different RPM if the chiller is being controlled by the automation. If not, then you will have to set the flow rate for when the chiller is on.
I just looked and made a mistake it’s 011056

Ok with that one, you can change the mode from VS to VF in the menus. The procedure should be in the manual.

Yeah I know I can change the GPM. What I want to know is will the Intelliflow adjust RPM’s to compensate the changing GPM. I’m pretty sure if u tell it 24 GPM it won’t stay at 24 and will fluctuate. If it does fluctuate I’m wondering if the RpM’s would change to bring it back to 24 GPM.

It will only do that if you program the pump to be in VF mode. That pump has two modes, VS mode (constant RPM) and VF mode (constant GPM). When in VF mode, the GPM should stay fairly constant. If it varying a lot, then you probably have the pump in VS mode.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.