Got the S300i yesterday...first problem...

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
My pool isn't ready to be cleaned yet! :sad:

s300i.jpg

My big plans are a bit derailed by this last Nor'easter, finally getting snow in N. Virginia for the first time this year, on the first day of spring.

After reading all the great information on pool cleaners here I pulled the trigger and gave Marina a call on Thursday. Could not believe that within one hour of the call, I had a FEDEX tracking number and the cleaner was on its way. Received it Tuesday morning, can't complain about that service with free shipping! Really appreciate all the reviews and information on cleaners here at TFP, made my decision easy and confident I have a great cleaner for my pool.

BTW- Matronics is extending warranties on certain bots for an additional 6 months in 2018.

Happy spring everyone!

You probably already read the manual (lol)
but make sure it doesn't go in water less than 45 degrees (or somewhere around/under that)

The bearings in the mechanism and motor don't like cold and can wear prematurely.

You probably already read the manual (lol)
but make sure it doesn't go in water less than 45 degrees (or somewhere around/under that)

The bearings in the mechanism and motor don't like cold and can wear prematurely.

Please don't tempt me to turn on the pool heat...not yet! Appreciate the reminder, wasn't thinking about that, will now check the temperature as I was planning on getting the cover off this weekend.

Good call on the temps. But I'd still have to fire it up and see if she rolls, at least for a few minutes out of curiosity. Your water will be in the mid-40's by May I'm sure!!

Since there isn't much to do with the pool today I did read the maytronics operating guide, the temperature range in the manual states 43 to 93 degrees. I tested the pool with my thermapen, it was 42...wonder if the deep end water would be colder or warmer than 42? My winter cover is on so don't think the sun has an effect.

Pool was recently replastered and tiled, with the new cleaner i am particularly anxious to get the cover off and the robot working.

BTW - for those who purchased in 2018, contact Maytronics to confirm when your warranty expires. I sent a message asking about the 6 month warranty extension and it turns out to be an entire year, my warranty is good to March 2021! Also purchased with a Visa so I feel pretty good that I am covered for the next four years.

Maybe this info will be of use for someone with a recent purchase, or looking to purchase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.