Got the green stuff...

restoman

Dec 24, 2010
Murrieta, CA
...but it's not too bad. YET! I want to nip it, but I may have screwed up. I looked at the control panel Sunday and it said my salt was at 2200. I thought that was low, so I added 4 bags of salt. I know, I know. I now realize that was WAY too much because the control panel says "High salt" and I can actually taste salt in the water! So now I'm draining the pool to approx half way so I can start over again, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right!

I have Hayward plumbing with an Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator on my system (Pentair Intellitouch System i5). There's a spigot right before the input to the 4 large filters in the filter tower (sorry if I use the wrong terminology, but I have NO clue what I'm doing). Anyway, there's a tag on it that says "reclaimed, recycled water. Do not drink". I've got a hose hooked up to that and the pool is draining to the street. I also have the filter pump turned on and the vacuum is moving around the pool like normal, and the jacuzzi is spilling into the pool. I turned off the water supply valve so no more water will go into the pool, so I think I have it right?

All comments will be MORE than welcome by the way.

Ed

Ok, I've gotten rid of the algea and it seems I'm pretty good on with the readings, but here's what I have as of today so any comments would be welcome.

Total Chlorine ---- 1.0 (min 1.0 - max 3.0) within specs, but seems a little low to me
Free Chlorine ----- 1.0 (min 1.0 - max 3.0) within specs, but again, seems a little low to me
pH --------------- 8.4 (min 7.2 - max 7.6) I've added 1 gallon of muriatic acid to bring this down a little
Total alkalinity ---- 90 (min 80 - max 120) looks good
Calcium hardness - 325 (min 200 - max 400) looks good
Stabilizer --------- 30 (min 30 - max 100) within specs, but is this too low?
Salt ------------ 3000 (min 2800 - max 3200) looks good

So going by the above, should I do anything about the chlorine and the stabilizer?

Ed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.