Good Morning

Mbkemp

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Topeka ks
We are at this stage in the game.
3c9dbb824e40fa701628dc4ba2a516ec.jpg

We are installing a Trilogy Picasso with pentair vs pump, pentair ic salt generator,pentair easy touch automation, and a automatic cover. We decided not to add a heater at this point. I think we might in the spring.
I’ve been lurking about soaking in information. I appreciate all of the knowledge here

mb,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find a "Trilogy" of answers to all of your new pool questions... :shark:

"Soaking in information"... Good pun!!!

Thanks for the introduction,

Jim R.

Thank you! I appreciate a good pun. I told my wife, teasing her, that we could stop now and simplify our process.

This is her dream. I know I will learn much from you all about how to best help her enjoy it

I think there's something wrong with your automatic cover. That doesn't look right to me.

OK, just messin' with you this morning!! Welcome to TFP! ;)

Are you going to be taking care of the pool yourself? We love to help people learn how. If you're interested, keep your signature updated with your pool equipment as you learn what it is and as it gets installed. Here's how:

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Then have a look at this, if you haven't found it already:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Then get to class! Study Pool School and that'll get you started on learning the absolute best way to care for a pool. I prefer the eBook (Kindle or phone app):

Trouble Free Pool School

And even if you don't want to care for your pool yourself, you should learn how to test your own water with a proper kit, and keep whoever will be doing it honest.

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Looking forward to watching your progress. We like lots of pics!! ;)

Oh, before I forget. Do yourself a favor (one I never got a chance to): get the model number of the proposed EasyTouch. You absolutely do not want an ET with a model number that contains the letter "L". That stands for "lite" and it is the worst (literally the worst model they make). It's at the very top of my list for pool purchase regrets.

I think there's something wrong with your automatic cover. That doesn't look right to me.

OK, just messin' with you this morning!! Welcome to TFP! ;)

Are you going to be taking care of the pool yourself? We love to help people learn how. If you're interested, keep your signature updated with your pool equipment as you learn what it is and as it gets installed. Here's how:

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Then have a look at this, if you haven't found it already:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Then get to class! Study Pool School and that'll get you started on learning the absolute best way to care for a pool. I prefer the eBook (Kindle or phone app):

Trouble Free Pool School

And even if you don't want to care for your pool yourself, you should learn how to test your own water with a proper kit, and keep whoever will be doing it honest.

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Looking forward to watching your progress. We like lots of pics!! ;)

Oh, before I forget. Do yourself a favor (one I never got a chance to): get the model number of the proposed EasyTouch. You absolutely do not want an ET with a model number that contains the letter "L". That stands for "lite" and it is the worst (literally the worst model they make). It's at the very top of my list for pool purchase regrets.

It is an easy touch 4. When ever stops raining I will look closer at the box to see if it can be more specific

I have scanned through a bunch of the above info. I will read in depth now that we are closer to being live

I do plan on maintaining this thing. I have some experience with water chemistry although primarily with aquariums. We have in the past kept an above ground pool but I generally just threw in shock once a week and then kept chlorine tablets in a floater. I gauged off water bugs how much or often I needed more gas. I think I will need to be more specific with this unit

I do plan on maintaining this thing. I have some experience with water chemistry although primarily with aquariums. We have in the past kept an above ground pool but I generally just threw in shock once a week and then kept chlorine tablets in a floater. I gauged off water bugs how much or often I needed more gas. I think I will need to be more specific with this unit

Yah, you got some readin' to do! ;) TFP promotes acquiring a proper test kit and adding only things to your water that it actually needs, based on the results of proper testing. If you're up for that, do get started on Pool School and do get yourself one of the two recommended test kits. The whole process is really quite easy, and amazing water will be the result.

If you see "PL4" or "PSL4" on the ET box, run!!

PS300 might be the Pentair power supply, which is not what you want for your SWG, if that's what it's for. That's a red flag. You want the built in power supply Jim refers to, which would be a different model ET. We need the model number on the ET box. Maybe it's not onsite yet.

mb,

The PS300 is just the transformer for your light.

The EasyTouch is a large box about 2' by 3' and is your automation system.. You can buy an EasyTouch with an internal power supply for the salt cell, or you can buy an EasyTouch with an external power supply for the salt cell.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now is the time, before you have it installed, to really understand (1) what automation in general can do for your pool and your yard, and (2) what your particular model of automation can and cannot do, and (3) what you ultimately, eventually want automated.

I completely skipped all three of those steps, and did exactly what you're poised to do: trust the contractor to give me what I need. I did. He didn't. At all. And I'm to blame. I spent four figures on something I didn't look into, at all. Now I have an expensive gizmo that doesn't do what I need it to do.

Automation controls your filter pump and SWG. And lights if you have them. And certain types of cleaning systems. Solar, too. And a spa. All sorts of pool-related systems, but not only those. You can connect all sorts of things to your automation system, and have them turn on and off on schedules you configure, or with the use of your smart phone or computer, even wall panels you mount inside your house. Things like landscape lighting, stand-alone fountains, pathway lights, you name it. Pretty much anything that uses electricity! Go crazy if you want: bug zappers? Ceiling fans? What's your list of yard luxuries?

But ETs come in various models, and have various capabilities. So you first decide what you have to control now, add to that things you will someday want to control, and then add to that a few extra circuits for things that you don't even know about yet. Seriously.

Automation is expensive, so be sure you know what you're getting, what it can do, and what you want it to be able to do...

Download and read the manuals (they're all available on the Pentair website), and ask lots of questions here. You'll get lots of answers.

There are many ET 4 models. They all come in the same chassis. What else ya got? Full model name? Or part number?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support