Golf Week!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Anyone in to golf?

Its Masters Week in Augusta! Schools out for golf, lots of visitors to the city, restaurants and bars hoppin', Tiger's in town, everyone is happy and today was great weather for the Par 3 contest. Tomorrow starts the big show...

Maddie :flower:

oh yeah... any problem getting tickets?
Tickets to The Masters are deemed the hardest ticket of any sports event in the world to get.
I predict a Monday playoff since we're expecting thunderstorms over the weekend. Darn.

Reactions: JodieM
A number of years ago my wife's company sponsored one of those big hospitality tents to entertain clients. Full bar, chef, carving stations, the whole shmere. She was there all week. Spouses were invited, but scheduling didnt work out so I couldn't make the trip.
So my wife, who has little interest in golf, spent a week at the Masters, while going to the Masters remains a bucket list item for me. Somethin' just ain't right about that.....

Last edited:
I am a golf fanatic. I've been playing golf for more than 45 years. I have been parked in front of the TV or streaming the activities online since mid last week. Masters is by far may favorite golf event of all time.

Ive entered the lottery to get the opportunity to buy tickets for the last 12 years. Still haven't won. I hope to just walk the grounds during Masters week just once while I'm still alive.

And speaking of Tiger. I am sick to death of all the media peoples hooplah for the last few years about will he ever play again? Will he ever compete at top level again? Will he ever win another PGA tournament? Will he ever win another Major?

Well The Big Cat has proved em all wrong and the only outstanding question is will he win another Major and Im rooting as hard as I can for him. Now we're headed into Saturday and Tiger is only 1 shot off the lead at -6. The Tiger is on the prowl and I am stoked! GO TIGER !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: setsailsoon
I'm a golf nut also. Play twice per week now that we no longer sail. I love it when one of the old guys does well, especially Tiger. I'm also amazed at the new guys coming up the ranks. Boy are they good!

Masters week is one of my favorites. We watch the final groups everyday on the big screen in the patio while floating around in the pool! Love mixing pool and golf!

Chris

PS I also play with a group that meets at a great venue every year. This is our 33rd year. Several of us have new knees now. It's a great time to be old!

Reactions: Divin Dave
I love Augusta!! Wish we still lived there. We were always away on spring break during masters week. Such a beautiful place to be in the spring! I’ve been gone 2 years now, but my son still lives in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm heading to Italy on Monday. Needless to say I'm all tingly with Mollinari in the lead on the board. I wasn't going to bring any Masters swag with me to family there (not the golf types, y'know?) but may reconsider if he manages to bring it on home.

I love to paint with watercolors. The Augusta National has been my most recent subject.

Attachments

• 9B4BE99B-3D6D-4CE1-80D3-24AB63B16137.jpeg
    9B4BE99B-3D6D-4CE1-80D3-24AB63B16137.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 7
  • F167428D-CF91-4804-9803-E2EA35A2F5B4.jpeg
    F167428D-CF91-4804-9803-E2EA35A2F5B4.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.