Goldline Control troubleshooting (pool not turning OFF)

Almir76

Apr 27, 2021
Pearland, Texas
Hi there,

Glad to be part of the TFP community, and I hope someone can help with the following:
  • I have a Hayward pump and automation system (the pool was built in 2013)
  • Since then I had to replace the main board (PN: G1-066008N-1) twice, once under warranty and 2nd time paid $900 for the board and installation
  • This time around, with the timer, the filter pump is turning ON on time in the morning, but it is not turning OFF in the afternoon, so I have to manually turn it off on via remote
  • Does anyone know what the issue is here, and if it something I could fix?
  • If not, do you know anyone in the Houston area that can fix these boards? I found someone on Ebay who does this, but they are in Oklahoma.
  • Finally, do you know of any new, more durable boards that can be controlled via Iphone that will work with my system?
Thanks in advance for your prompt feedback(s),
Almir

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 9
That board looks odd because it’s missing parts.

Do you have the salt cell for the system?

What are the first seven characters of the serial number from the front door?

The serial number should start with something like 5L13.

What is the model number from the front door?

I have a Hayward pump and automation system (the pool was built in 2013)
I think that AquaLogic was discontinued in 2008.

So, it would be odd for you to have an AquaLogic installed 5 years later in 2013.

Does the box say AquaLogic, ProLogic or AquaPLus?

Can you show good pictures of the front panel and the inside of the door?

Can you show a picture of the whole circuit board?

It looks like all of the parts for the chlorinator are missing, which is really strange. I don't think that I have ever seen a board without the parts for a chlorinator.

That board looks odd because it’s missing parts.

Do you have the salt cell for the system?

What are the first seven characters of the serial number from the front door?

The serial number should start with something like 5L13.

What is the model number from the front door?
James,

Thanks a lot for replying. I think there is a confusion, probably I am to blame as I didnt mention it in the description, but this is a chlorine pool. Also, it is ECommand 4 automation system (I think the Aqualogic is the display unit only!?). I took couple of pics of the front panel that hopefully clarifies it all. Please let me know if anything else is needed to figure it out. The chlorinator is manual, so maybe that explains why some components are missing from the board? I did order the C3 timer capacitor for the main board to see if replacing that helps me out. Finally, I can confirm that everything else on the display is correct (i.e. water and air temperature).

Regards,
Almir

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 4
It’s a scaled down version of the AquaLogic/ProLogic.

It uses a similar board and display without the salt system.

If the pump is turning on and the clock is right, it does not seem like it would be a clock issue.

The time looks like it is set to a 24 hour clock instead of a 12 hour Am/Pm clock.

Is that throwing you off?

It’s a scaled down version of the AquaLogic/ProLogic.

It uses a similar board and display without the salt system.

If the pump is turning on and the clock is right, it does not seem like it would be a clock issue.

The time looks like it is set to a 24 hour clock instead of a 12 hour Am/Pm clock.

Is that throwing you off?
Gotcha...thanks for clarifying that! The clock is right and the pump is turning on, so I agree...that puts a shade on the fact it might be a timer. However, I just remembered that my past issue with the old board was the timer as the clock was slowly showing wrong time. I did try AM/PM as well, but to no avail...still turns on, but doesnt turn off. The last thing I am thinking is getting into the Diagnostics menu and resetting it all to default, but not sure if that would mess up anything else?

Regards,
Almir

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks James for the videos. There are 2 timers, but only T1 is active. Also, it is not in Service mode. In the end I went into my Diagnostics menu and reset it to defaults. That didnt do anything either, so probably will look into repairing the board if I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.