Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Cookeville Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I’m going out of town for several days. My CYA is 40, PH 7.5 today. I’ve been adding about 2qts, 1 cup bleach for the last several days to maintain chlorine of 4/5. I’ve read some of the threads of others and pucks were suggested, as an alternative, to use when your gonna be gone for a week or so. What would be best- to put 3-4 pucks in a floater or add the amount of bleach x no of days to be gone??? Thanks…

You can do a couple things. Just before walking out the door, increase your FC to SLAM level (16). Be careful not to get any chlorine on your good clothes. Ha. Also put a few tabs in a floater. Together that should get you through several days. The only other alternative is having a trusted friend or neighbor add chlorine every 2-3 days.

Reactions: Hachu and Patcoomer
You can do a couple things. Just before walking out the door, increase your FC to SLAM level (16). Be careful not to get any chlorine on your good clothes. Ha. Also put a few tabs in a floater. Together that should get you through several days. The only other alternative is having a trusted friend or neighbor add chlorine every 2-3 days.
Thank you. I’ll follow through and follow up with results when I get back home.

Thank you. I’ll follow through and follow up with results when I get back home.
Well, I came home on Sat after a 7 day trip. I was ecstatic at the condition of the pool. I’m attaching a pic below. Yeah, it had a tad of debris in the bottom, but that was a quick clean-up. I’m so appreciative of the advice given by TFP. Thanks so much…

Attachments

• 15800A75-6050-4BB4-AB6E-8ED45DCD060B.jpeg
    15800A75-6050-4BB4-AB6E-8ED45DCD060B.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 11
full

Reactions: Sunnydaze
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.