Going out of town for 8 days need sugg

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
I will be going to alasaka for a cruise, and wont have anyone to add bleach while im gone. Now I still have a big bucket of pucks, and my floater. Would adding like 3 pucks floating around for the week in the floater raise my cya tremendously? Any suggs on how many I should use? My current cya is at 50, and that's where I want it to stay, since I live in dallas....Thanks

Well, my first recommendation would be to let me have your cruise tickets so that you can properly maintain your pool in stellar TFP way. :wink: If that's not possible... ugh .... then I suppose you could simply increase your FC to SLAM level just before walking out the door. That should last about 3 days or so. You could also put a couple tabs in a floater. Looking at the Poolmath calculator, two 8-oz trichlor tabs will increase FC by about 11, increase CYA by about 6.7, and lower pH by about .59. I based that off a 10K gallon pool. Wasn't sure about yours. :) With summer coming, a CYA close to 55-60 shouldn't hurt you, and backwashes later should help lower it again as well. Even with those numbers, the tabs may not fully dissolve in just 8 days, so all that CYA may not be in there anyways.

Hope that helps.

For me, the biggest concern about traveling several days is circulation. I know you can program a pump to run, but depending on your backyard the debris can pile up in baskets quickly. If you can't have a neighbor or someone else you trust to stop by every couple days, this would be the one time I would consider hiring a temp pool person. The piece of mind is worth the cost. You may want to check with a local pool store that offer services.

My pool is around the 10k gallon, so that will work perfect. Ive been waiting on this cruise since I booked it last summer..lol....Im soooooo ready for it, but didn't want to come back and have to slam, for im hoping to open it when we get back. Well its open already, but water temp still too cold. It's been as warm as 80, but we keep getting these dawg gone cold fronts that drop us into the 40's at night, so water temps drops back to the 60's....Life of a pool owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Im very lucky that my neighborhood is still only 12yrs olds, so not a lot of debris from trees, but mostly bugs....But im sure I could get a neighbor to come and empty basket...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.