Liquid Chlorine
Water test tonight as follows

Fc 2.5
Cc 0
Ph 7.2
Ta 60
Ch 50
Cya 40 (between 40 and 50 closer to 40)

I seem to have lost FC about 3.5 today. There were people swimming. I am leaving for 6 days. I am thinking of bumping my TA up to 70 and my PH to 7.8. Ph keeps dropping every other day or so below 7.2. Lots of Borax additions needed but I have been doing it in small doses.

Would I be good to bring it to slam tomorrow morning then have someone come Monday and Wednesday to add chlorine before I come back Friday night? Thanks!

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
It's always good if you can have someone trustworthy visit who can add some chlorine every 2-3 days and check the skimmer to make sure it's not clogged. Increasing the FC to SLAM level is a good idea as well just in case. :goodjob:

milesvdustin

Jun 7, 2015
Marion, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My dad will be able to come over on Monday and Wednesday. I figure if he adds a whole jug of 12.5% I'll keep the algae at bay. Unless I should do 1.5?

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
One gallon of 12.5% is about 4 ppm for your pool. So if you increase to SLAM just before leaving, that alone should last for 2-3 days. Then his additional gallon on two more visits should be fine.

Reactions: milesvdustin

milesvdustin

Jun 7, 2015
Marion, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'll bring it to slam first thing in the AM. My pump currently runs 10a-2p and 8p-2a on a timer. Should I go a solid 8hr schedule or run it the entire time I am gone? I keep my main drain valve open 50% usually. This huge pool only has 1 skimmer.

milesvdustin

Jun 7, 2015
Marion, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I brought some of the condo Pool water home to test. It was really cloudy and smelled very strong of chlorine. Fc was 3 and cya was 30 but the PH was so low my test won't go that low!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.