Going on Vacation for 10 days...

LouinNY

Jun 16, 2020
Clinton, NY
Would prefer not to come home to a green pool. Should I raise my cl to SLAM levels before I leave?
I don't have anyone I trust to come over and test and add chemicals while I am gone. My pool get ZERO shade during the day worried my cl will drop 0 and then have algae.

With no one available to add chlorine once or twice while you are away, ........ yes.... take it to SLAM level. Depending on the heat and sunlight, that should buy you 2-3 days. If your CYA isn't too high, you can drop a floater in the water with a couple tabs in it. Happy trails!

Reactions: LouinNY
Like Texas Splash said, if your CYA is low enough, pucks should do the trick for you. I have done this a couple of time while traveling and it has worked great.

Would prefer not to come home to a green pool. Should I raise my cl to SLAM levels before I leave?
I don't have anyone I trust to come over and test and add chemicals while I am gone. My pool get ZERO shade during the day worried my cl will drop 0 and then have algae.
You may not have anyone to trust testing but if you can get someone in there twice or three times to drop pucks into a floater and you can afford some rise in CYA, I see no problem. Worse case senerio you can drain off some water when you get back possibly before a good rain to lower back the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.