Gluing check valve directly to heater socket

Apr 9, 2017
Berryville, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m in the process of replumbling my pad for a vsp upgrade and while I have a tight fit I think I can squeeze in a manual heater bypass. Does anyone see any issue with gluing a check valve directly to the heater union socket?
image.jpg

For the heater bypass. I was just dry fitting some things in the pic to see if I could even put in a bypass (heater is 16 years old), so the 1.5” inlet pipe has already been cut out and is just sitting there for alignment. I’m replacing with 2” and will have a 3 way valve before the heater and tying back in after the check valve. I like the check valve instead of two separate valves, but the only way I can fit it horizontally is gluing it directly to the heater union. Make sense?

You are gluing CPVC to CPVC which is harder to get a good glue joint with regular PVC glue.

Best to use...

You are gluing CPVC to CPVC which is harder to get a good glue joint with regular PVC glue.

Best to use...

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.