Globrights out of Sync

ctv0515

Jun 29, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
I have three globrights. Two in the pool and one in the spa. They have been working great for the past month and a half since the pool has been finished however the other day they have gotten out of sync when they are on a light show. The two in the pool are in sync but have gotten out of sync with the one in the spa. I’ve tried turning them on and off again, reset the power to the IntelliCenter but yet they are still out of sync. Any idea how to fix them? Thanks!

When you turn on the lights, do all the lights come on at once, or can you turn on just the Spa light or just the Pool lights?

If you can turn them on independently, are they both the same color at the same time? In other words, if you turn on the spa light by itself, is it say green. And then when you turn on the pool lights are they green???

When you say they are out of sync, are you saying they are not the same color or that they do no come on in the proper order?

Thanks,

Jim R.

When you turn on the lights, do all the lights come on at once, or can you turn on just the Spa light or just the Pool lights?

If you can turn them on independently, are they both the same color at the same time? In other words, if you turn on the spa light by itself, is it say green. And then when you turn on the pool lights are they green???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I don’t have a way to turn the spa lights and pool lights on separately. On the app as well as IntelliCenter it just has a toggle to turn on the lights which controls all of them.

When I do turn the lights on they are all the same if I choose just one color. When I choose a mode where the lights change color then they will start out the same but get out of sync quickly.

I did notice that now when I turn the lights on that the lights in the pool will come on about 1-2 seconds quicker than the light in the spa. I have a feeling that delay is what is causing them to get out of sync on one of the color changing modes. It did not do this for the first month or so. Any time I turned the lights on they would all light up exactly at the same time.

I don't have an IntelliCenter, nor color lights for that matter, so it makes sense to see what @MyAZPool has to say..

But, I believe that your idea that the delay is the problem is probably correct.. The lights do what they do because they receive a specific number of pluses from a relay.. If there is a delay in one of the lights coming on, I could see where it might not see the same number of pulses..

I'd like to hear from MyAZPool, but it would not hurt to call your pool builder and have him come and fix it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

@ctv0515
From what I have observed, syncing pool/spa lights have always been pretty wonky. It seems to be one of those features where it was a good idea but never really seemed to be solid in its performance. Some have no problems and others are always "fighting it."

I agree with @Jimrahbe . If your pool is under warranty from your pool builder, why not put the problem in his lap. Let him deal with Pentair tech support.

Thanks...
r.

Try this...

Synchronizing Light Colors​

The procedure to reset the control board inside of the lights is as follows:
  • Turn the lights on
  • Within 10-15 seconds of turning on the lights, turn the lights on and off 31 times
This establishes a reset on the lights and resolved the issue with a members Globrite not changing colors properly. This should work for other Pentair LED color changing lights.

If your light is connected to an automation controller you may need to remove the cover where the cords for the lights come up through the conduit and connect to the feed from the transformers. Then unscrew the wire nut to the group of lights from the source transformer (black wire usually) and manually touch the power wire wires 31 times to the other wires still twisted together about 1/2 a second apart each time. We don't think there is a way to do this via automation.

Try this...

Synchronizing Light Colors​

The procedure to reset the control board inside of the lights is as follows:
  • Turn the lights on
  • Within 10-15 seconds of turning on the lights, turn the lights on and off 31 times
This establishes a reset on the lights and resolved the issue with a members Globrite not changing colors properly. This should work for other Pentair LED color changing lights.

If your light is connected to an automation controller you may need to remove the cover where the cords for the lights come up through the conduit and connect to the feed from the transformers. Then unscrew the wire nut to the group of lights from the source transformer (black wire usually) and manually touch the power wire wires 31 times to the other wires still twisted together about 1/2 a second apart each time. We don't think there is a way to do this via automation.

Thank you for that information. This sounds like something I need to have the pool company come fix under warranty like was mentioned.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.