Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I have used my test kits so much that the black lines have disappeared from the test tube.

I'd like to find a glass tube/vial/beaker that will fit on the speedstir and replace the plastic one.

Any suggestions? Tried every combo of keywords and I've found bupkis...

thanks!

typically glass is advised against near the pool so you might have a difficult time finding a glass one. However the ones made by Taylor fit well and don't have black lines that disappear. The Taylor vials have the markings etched into them; I'd recommend checking out those.

Yeah, I don't take it out to the pool. I take a plastic sample vial out to pool, then use the squeeze attachment to fill the test vial, in an interior space.

Search for "graduated glass beaker". Just make sure to check the diameter so it fits the Speedstir. I found some at Walmart a while back. This looks like it might fit...

I've had the same issue some years back. It seems my problem stems from that after every testing cycle I'd use a paper towel to dry putting pressure with my fingers on both sides of the vial causing all markings to dissappear. Since I've ordered new vials I no longer use paper towel and resorted to a 6x6 microfiber cleaning rag. It's been 2 years and nothing has rubbed off. The absorption is much faster and dries the vials instantly.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.