Glacier Pool Cooler Questions

siffert

Aug 9, 2021
Las Cruces, NM
A few questions as I just got in my Glacier GPC25 Cooler in, but not going to be plumbed until Monday 8/16/21.

1. The fan blades came slightly angled/tilted, not 100% horizontally flat. Is that how they should be, slightly tilted?

2. I have a Pentair Superflow VST variable speed pump. I normally run at 1400 rpm at night from 9:00pm to 8:00am (2700 rpm from 8:00am to 2:00 pm for my Rebel cleaner, then down to 2000 from 2:00 to 9:00pm-my Pentair IC 40 SWG requires over 1900 rpm). What speeds do you run at or suggest for the Glacier? I read in the manual about running it at "high speed for variable speed pumps" but that could mean almost anything over 1000rpm I guess.

3. Did you bolt down your Glacier? Mine weighs 125 lbs (58" high and 34" wide) and sits on a 30"x30" concrete pad I made for it. Am wondering if it might topple over in a 50-60 mph desert wind we sometimes get here. Thoughts?

4. I assume its OK to leave my auto pool cover on a night while I run the Glacier?

Thanks for any help!

Let's see if we can get one of the members with this type of equipment to chime in. Not many of them out there. Might try searching the forum for the subject and then tagging some members that have them.

There's 2 members them that I know of for sure that have these... Let's see if they have any thoughts on this... @duckcmmndr, @jark87 - What say you guys? Any thoughts for siffert and his new Glacier chiller?

I would think the pool cover would be fine, as the water chills while it is in the unit. Although leaving the cover open would allow for more evaporative cooling.

--Jeff

Sorry - I'm a little behind. Looks like you jumped into one of the other Glacier threads and got your questions answered! Good luck with it!

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.