Weatherford Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Nexa Pure 18k
Hi y'all, Merry Christmas! I have a 24' Salt Water above ground pool that is Buried half way into the ground. Plumbing is above ground. My husband has had 3 surgeries and I can't close the pool on my own. I know I have to keep it running, but will it be ok. It's clear but has leaves in the center and high winds will blow neighbors leaves into the pool. I have breathing issues and it's really a trying time for us atm. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Just Be sure it stays running during freezing temps. If power is lost during freezing temps you will need to drain the equipment & lines quickly to prevent damage.

Reactions: Pam in Texas
Just Be sure it stays running during freezing temps. If power is lost during freezing temps you will need to drain the equipment & lines quickly to prevent damage.
Ok. Lines can be easily drained. The BIG Sand Filter Tank takes a bit. If power goes out, how long should I wait before draining equipment? If it goes out in the Middle of the night, I won't know. Only daytime will I know and it takes salt water longer to freeze.

There’s generally not really enough salt in the water for it to make an appreciable difference so don’t count on that to prevent freezing pipes. freezing point of a SW pool

Depending upon how low the temp is above ground lines can freeze pretty quickly (within a couple hours) without movement.
If you’re done with the pool for the winter you can just winterize/drain now & sleep easy for this & possible future winter bouts. Then do the leaf removal/cover later.
Since You mentioned saltwater- you want to remove your cell if you can to prevent it from freezing & cracking when winterizing (most have easy to remove unions).
Most swg’s will not produce chlorine once the water temp falls into the 50’s anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.