Getting started with SWG

rstellhorn

Jul 1, 2019
Manteca, CA
I am working on going salt. I just plumbed in my IC60 and I'm excited to start it up... But I'm not quite there yet.

I've got my salt levels close at 3200ppm, CYA is at 40 so I need to add more, PH is low at 7.2 but that is because I am working at lowering my Alkalinity down from 100.

Next up is electrical work. My pool breaker box is ancient and in horrible shape so tomorrow I'm changing it out and wiring things in.

I just needed to post something. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_175559.jpg
    IMG_20200709_175559.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 22
Don't worry about the TA as 100 isn't considered high. Try to keep the PH in the good to mid 7s but you will need to get the CYA up into the 60-70 range as per the SWCG mandate. Look at the cya/chlorine chart for your target levels. Keep the CSI in slightly negative territory for optimal SWCG longevity.

Reactions: rstellhorn
Some find that the SWG raises their pH a bit. Mine seems to like to stay at 7.8. So I wouldn't worry about yours at this point.

Remember to keep the device off if you're adding salt.....at least 24 hrs. Don't want a bit bolus of salt to go thru the device undisolved.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: rstellhorn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.