Getting Ready to Sign Contract - Questions

Any extension cord must be short enough that the robot controller can NEVER reach the pool.

Here are some pics of mine I just took. One is from the shed and the other is just with the robot stretched to the far end of the pool, which still gives it 20ish feet of slack.

IMG_6851 (1).jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

I wouldn't think most people would have their pools that close to the house, and you can’t use extension cords.

I had mentioned getting your PB to put an external outlet on your panel at your equipment pad - if it's not clear below is a photo of one installed.

28604adb-47d6-42c0-9a59-3e5f8ed92ac3-jpeg.134472

My contract has been signed!! Ground breaking isn’t until November, but we’re on the schedule! Here’s what we ended up choosing:
18x36x32 vinyl lagoon with 7’ tanning ledge,
3’6” - 8’ with diving rock,
cement walls, stairs, tanning ledge, swim outs,
2 skimmers/5 returns,
2 swim outs (2 jets per),
2 LED intellibrite 5G lights,
1 LED bubbler,
IntelliCenter with indoor remote,
DE III - S8D110 filter,
IntelliTouch Salt Generator,
I know it’s not going to be a popular decision, but went with Kreepy Krawly per PB recommendations. If we don’t like it, we’ll buy a Dolphin next year. He said they don’t recommend it for vinyl because the rubber brushes are rough against the liner.

Thank you everyone for answering all of my questions and giving me your honest opinions. I think you helped us design an amazing pool! I’m so excited!

Ditch that pressure side cleaner for sure... go robot.

You could possibly save money using a sand filter.....they work just fine and can be tweaked even better by adding a touch of DE to them.

A deeper pool is always safer when kids dive....and everyone likes to dive in pools at a young age.

Get a second skimmer.

2" pipe is fine, unless you need something more for some odd reason?

Did I mention that kids love to dive?? Good exercise too rather than just standing around or floating. Cannon balls!!

Maddie :flower:
Amen to that - I am 51 and I still love diving into pools enough that I am in the process of having my third diving pool. I love the feeling you get as you flip through the air get into the water. It is also great exercise to have a 10 dive in a row competition with the kids...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.