Getting into pool during shock period

Mar 15, 2016
Arlington, TX
Hello everyone, much thanks to all the great information I have found in this form. This is my second year with my pool and I am currently battling green algae. I have done the shock system a couple times, the pool gets clear, but as soon as I brush the bottom all that algae fills the pool again and I start over.

Because of the way I constructed the pool with a privacy screen I cannot access the entire pool from all angles, only from the deck. I connected a couple ten-foot PVC pieces together to make a brush pole that can reach the far sides, but still, a good brushing is difficult, especially on the sides.

Now that the water is warm enough to stand, I got inside the swamp this week and really brushed down the sides and bottom, stairs, and anything else that needed it and used my Pool Blaster Catfish to get as much debris up as possible. I also have a TF-100 test kit to make sure my water is kosher for the shock process (PH 7.5, CYA 70-80).

My question is if I can get inside the pool during the shock process with the FC close to 30ppm. I would like to get in there to properly brush it down, but did not know if it is unhealthy at those FC levels, even for a short period of time.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, you can enter the water as long as the current FC SLAM/Shock level has not exceeded what is permissible based on your current CYA (see the Chlorine/CYA Chart link below). Also make sure to review and follow all the instructions outlined on the SLAM page (link below) to ensure success. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.