Getting hot! Best time to run pumps to cool?

MCF50

Aug 18, 2020
Houston
I have two VFD pumps. One for pool and bubblers and one for sheer descents. In order to make enough chlorine I am up to running the pump 10 hours a day with SWCG at 75% capacity. The nice thing is I can also let the bubblers do their thing with the main pump running. Up to today running pump 2 hours then letting it sit for 2-3 hours. In order to cool the water is it ok to just let the pump run 10 hours during non sun times (evening / night / early morning)and let the bubblers run for allow for evaporative cooling? I know PH will rise but my ph rises already to point where I add muriatic acid every 2-3 days (plaster pool 7 months old). All other chemistry is good. Just looking a way to cool pool water below 91f ‘naturally’. Thanks.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
You could get some solar panels and run water through them at night to help cool the water.

MCF50

Aug 18, 2020
Houston
Should I run the pool/bubbler pump during non sun hours only or should do 1/2 the run time at night and 1/2 during daytime or does it matter. I would think running pump and bubblers all during night would help more with cooling.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.