Getting closer to opening time

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
I'm so ready to stop looking at the cover and see a pool! We have had LOTS and LOTS of rain and LOTs more coming over the weekend. I'm pumping the water off my cover into the pool, (about 8 inches) to save my well when I do open. I put a hair net over the bottom of the pump, and three tube socks over the end of the hose and pumping as I type. I did look at the water in the pool when I pulled the tarp back to put hose in there, and it is crystal clear. I realize that I might get a little brown water in there, but I think it will be worth it. I will have to Slam when opening and vacuum anyway. I sure hope this works!!!

I'm so ready to stop looking at the cover and see a pool! We have had LOTS and LOTS of rain and LOTs more coming over the weekend. I'm pumping the water off my cover into the pool, (about 8 inches) to save my well when I do open. I put a hair net over the bottom of the pump, and three tube socks over the end of the hose and pumping as I type. I did look at the water in the pool when I pulled the tarp back to put hose in there, and it is crystal clear. I realize that I might get a little brown water in there, but I think it will be worth it. I will have to Slam when opening and vacuum anyway. I sure hope this works!!!

I have to ask, what kind of cover are you using to keep the pool crystal clear? I have tried a couple and this year I decided to just keep it open as I always have to drain it anyway it is so nasty when I take the cover off.

I'm using a 30x40 Solid Pool cover, not a safety cover. Green on the top side and black on the water side. It has the water bag loops on it but I just bypass them and lay the bags on the cover (its easier). This was it's third winter, and from what I can see I will get a fourth year out of it. Hope that helps!!

Happened to see fellow Kentuckians so I thought I'd pick y'alls brains first. For the last few years I've been ordering about 20 cases of 6 - 128oz - 6% KIK bleach from a local janitorial supply house since I can have it delivered off the 18 wheeler where I work. It usually does the job. Some years I have a couple cases left over and other years I use all and have to buy more. I'm attempting to get a jump start this year in April so that I don't have to slam so hard. I've always paid $15.50/case so $2.58 per jug. This year he's quoted me $16.42 so technically Walmart is cheaper this year. I've been doing some googling and found that the Dollar Tree's brand is also KIK brand, based off of the MSDS sheet I found online. So theirs is 128oz jug of "5.8-6%" for $1 a jug! I'm going to go talk to the local Dollar Tree manager and see if I could get that many cases delivered, even if I had to have it delivered to their store. I just wondered where y'all got your bleach from and how? The first couple years I bought 4-6 jugs each trip to town and that got OLD quick so I like to order in bulk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.