Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Pool is about to be finished. Currently have a suction Polaris. Thinking of getting a dolphin s300 or s300i robot. I want something I can control with my phone, can be integrated if I want to automate my pool in the future, cleans very well, cleans stairs/walls/tile. I did hear about a new dolphin coming out in 2020 with a better systematic tracking cleaning system. Should I wait for that to come out? Do anyone know if it will come out in 2020 for sure? I’m ok in waiting for another year since I haven’t been in my pool yet any way. Suggestions? Thanks!

I would buy now and not be the first purchaser of the new system. Give them a year or two to work out the bugs. Not that there will be problems, but something to think if you want to be the early adopter is there will likely be early problems.

Pool is about to be finished. Currently have a suction Polaris. Thinking of getting a dolphin s300 or s300i robot. I want something I can control with my phone, can be integrated if I want to automate my pool in the future, cleans very well, cleans stairs/walls/tile. I did hear about a new dolphin coming out in 2020 with a better systematic tracking cleaning system. Should I wait for that to come out? Do anyone know if it will come out in 2020 for sure? I’m ok in waiting for another year since I haven’t been in my pool yet any way. Suggestions? Thanks!

I’m not to impressed with the upcoming release cleaner. I have played with it.
Just grab a 300 series or t55 depending on where you buy.

It was a beta unit, so links are still there after revision another beta will be around. If this gets nailed it will be a sweet unit. Like roomba latest gen mapping vs the older units.

I hope they pool it off, they are pretty fussy before going to mass market.

If you can’t wait, the t55 & 30, 300 series will do the deed.

& yes it will certainly hit distribution in 2020.

cleans very well, cleans stairs/walls/tile.
You're being a bit optimistic regardless of the brand or model of cleaner you end up with. Robots are certainly the best cleaners on the market but you should lower your expectations and not buy into the hype when they tell you it does your tile, the stairs, and your walls. Maybe it does (a little) but perhaps not like what you are expecting.

Agree you shop for the specials and get the best price on the current Maytronics robot. Perhaps wait until you have cleaned the pool floor, walls, stairs and tile yourself by hand several times before you start up your robot for the first time. You will be vary satisfied with it's performance and probably watch it work for much too long while sipping your cool drink poolside.

From what I hear, none of the robots do a great job on cleaning stairs or the corners. It sounds like people sweep the stairs with the brush onto the pool floor so that the robot can get it there. Yes, I think you are right that I would appreciate the robot more if I did it a couple of times with the brush myself...while sipping on a cool drink.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Amazon has the Smartpool Nc74 for under 200 dollars in the warehouse. Its like 265 and 20% off at checkout. Its an excellent bot and I would suggest you buy it for now and wait for the nice Dolphin to come out. I've had the same model for 2 years and nothing has gone wrong with it. Plus if anything does, the parts are cheap. They did just discontinue these cleaners but parts are plentiful on Ebay. The only issue you might have is it might get stuck on the main drain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.